Frequently asked Questions
+ What should I expect?
- 60 to 90 minutes of dynamic yoga postures, focused on body alignment in a relaxing, friendly atmosphere. Please read the class descriptions to learn more about each class.
+ What should I bring with me?
- Yoga mat, water and a towel for warm classes or if you sweat easily, and lastly an open mind!
+ How hot is warm yoga?
- Warm yoga ranges from 78-85° it really depends on the season in the older building. But regardless, the room is warm in temp and the flow helps create more sweat and loosens the muscles.
+ Where do I start if I am a beginner?
- So often we hear I am not flexible enough for yoga, but let's be real, that's like saying I am too sick to go to the doctor. Avara is not a room filled with little ballerinas; it is made up of real people that are looking to better themselves no matter how flexible they are. Walking through the door is the hardest part for most, so we recommend: drink a glass of water, throw on some comfy clothes and check out out beginner class: Yoga Basics.
+ Are men welcome?
- Of course. Men, women and children are all welcome.
+ How do I prepare for my first class?
- Drink water and avoid heavy meals before class, just like any other workout.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early so we can show you around and help you get ready for practice. We have a cubby area for personal belongings during class.